Working in public health practice offers great personal fulfillment preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health. Our program is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH).
Our Central Michigan University degree is one of the few programs in the country with an emphasis on rural health and underserved communities. You'll be well prepared to manage and lead public health organizations and/or design culturally responsive behavioral and social interventions to address health challenges affecting populations across the state, country and the world.
Our expert faculty care about preparing you as the next generation of public health professionals, with their enriched classroom experience and mentorship in research.
With our Public Health degree, you'll:
- Have the credentials to hold leadership positions in hospitals, district health departments, research institutions, and federal, multilateral and voluntary organizations.
- Participate in a Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) accredited program that is recognized as the flagship degree in public health.
- Better understand the major social, behavioral, cultural, political, environmental and regulatory factors that affect community health.
- Apply new and innovative techniques to address health challenges of rural and underserved communities.
- Health Education Theories
- Rural Health
- Health Policy and Management
- Biological Basis of Public Health
- Public Health Environmental Science
- Public Health Leadership
- Health Planning and Assessment
- Program Evaluation
- Public Health Communication and Informatics
- MPH Capstone Project
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
Fall deadline: June 30 for online
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1522 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Along with the application, you’ll need to submit a $50 application fee
- Submit a copy of your passport
- Submit proof of English proficiency or your intent to study English upon arrival – unless you are from an exempted country where English is the primary language of instruction.
- You also may demonstrate English proficiency by completing the English studies program through CMU's English Language Institute.
- Applicants must provide a third-party course-by-course credential evaluation and document verification
International22200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 24 months.
National17424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State17424 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Mount Pleasant
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.