Professional Language Studies - Language Teaching from Auckland University of Technology is aimed at teachers who have a preliminary qualification and experience in language teaching. Students are often experienced teachers of ESOL or EFL, te reo, sign language or other languages.You study a range of core and elective topics and then complete a reflective practice project where you identify an area of teaching that you would like to investigate in more depth. You critically review the literature and develop a theory of teaching in this area. In the classroom you apply the theory through a number of teaching events and reflect on your practice.
- Community schools
- High schools (for teachers who already have high school teaching qualifications)
- Private language schools
- Tertiary educational institutions
- Language Analysis
- The Language Learner
- Curriculum Design and Assessment
- Contemporary Approaches and Issues in Language Teaching
- Reflective Practice Project
- Multilingualism, Diversity and Intercultural Competence
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- July intake for part-time/online study.
- International applications will be processed up to the start of the semester depending on availability.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Pedagogy Teaching View 59 other Masters in Language Studies in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Relevant four-year bachelor’s degree
- Relevant bachelor’s degree with honours
- Relevant postgraduate diploma
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate diploma AND a relevant professional qualification to merit standard or experience approved by the Dean (or representative) to be equivalent to one year of advanced study
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher; or equivalent
International20578 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20578 USD per year during 12 months.
National5602 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5602 USD per year during 12 months.
- Domestic: 8957 NZD per year
- International: 32900 NZD per year
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.