You will learn the skills to effectively lead schools and meet the diverse needs of 21st Century learners. Through performance-based learning you will strengthen your knowledge base in management, community relations, law, curriculum supervision, instructional assessment, and action research.
- Accredited by TEAC and ranked among the Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report, you will learn how to apply data-informed best practices to ensure institutional success.
- The MA Educational Leadership program from the Central Michigan University also qualifies you for the Michigan Administrator Certificate through the Michigan Department of Education, a requirement for state principals. Completion of the 21-credit MA-EL core meets certificate requirements if you already possess a master’s degree or higher.
CMU is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- As a state and national leader in school administration preparation, Central Michigan University has adopted the ETS® Praxis administrator evaluation to assist in ensuring the principal and superintendent candidates have mastery of the professional standards and can demonstrate requisite leadership skills in the field.
- The Praxis SLLA (building level leadership) and SSA (Central Office Leadership) exams are required in 37 states and is used as the national standard for administrator competency.
- Principal and Superintendent candidates who graduate from CMU will be fully prepared for the challenging and rewarding work of leading schools and districts, and hold the necessary qualifications for these high-level leadership positions.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Management, Organisation & Leadership View 4083 other Masters in Education in United States
- Submit a copy of your passport.
- Submit proof of English proficiency or your intent to study English upon arrival – unless you are from an exempted country where English is the primary language of instruction. Official scores from TOEFL, IELTS, MELAB, and Pearson's may be directly sent to Applications Processing. You also may demonstrate English proficiency by completing the English studies program through CMU's English Language Institute. Review the Graduate Bulletin for specific English requirements for your intended graduate program.
- Applicants must provide a third-party course-by-course credential evaluation and document verification.
International25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State19110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 637 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Mount Pleasant
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.