Electronics and Communications Engineering from The American University in Cairo is designed to provide awareness of the local and global context in which electronics engineering is practiced, including economic and business practices, societal needs, and considerations of public health, safety, environment, culture and ethics, ability to solve unstructured engineering problems, think critically, function well in a team, and communicate effectively and a high standard of written and oral communication on technical matters.
The Master of Engineering Degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering prepares students for higher-level professional practice in local and international markets, whether in private consulting practice, industry, or government activities. It is intended for electronics engineers who wish to master the practice in their field of specialty.
- Computational Methods in Engineering
- Experimental Methods in Engineering
- Engineering for a Sustainable Environment
- Engineering Statistics
- Advanced Solid-State Devices
- Advanced ASIC Design
- Analog Integrated Circuit Design
- Digital Integrated Circuit Design
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology Communications Engineering
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for graduate study must have an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International24255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19701 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.