Construction Engineering from The American University in Cairo aims to provide engineers with high-quality broad engineering vision yet deepen their knowledge in the selected field of technical specialization. The program caters to demands of industry and research institutes and places a strong emphasis on critical thinking, professional behavior, and ethical conduct. The overall goal is to advance and upgrade the knowledge of engineers for careers in senior level engineering and technical management positions.
Students at Construction Engineering from The American University in Cairo will:
- Apply advanced numerical analyses and computational programming to solve complex engineering problems.
- Acquire the required high-quality knowledge in the field of specialization (Construction Management, Construction Engineering Materials, Structural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Highway and Transportation Engineering, Geomatics, Infrastructure Engineering and Management, Sustainability)
- Assess societal demands in the field of study and translate them from unstructured into well-defined engineering problems.
- Employ creative and/or critical thinking skills to provide innovative solutions to engineering problems and compare the effectiveness of alternative solutions.
- Successfully communicate and interact with constituencies and/or teams of various technical backgrounds and fields of specialty.
- Implement the code of ethics within the course of study and within the work environment.
- Computational Methods in Engineering
- Experimental Methods in Engineering
- Engineering for a Sustainable Environment
- Engineering Statistics
- Advanced Construction Management
- Advanced Systems Analysis for Construction Engineering
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Interior Design View 3 other Masters in Architecture in Egypt
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants for graduate study must have an accredited Bachelor’s degree with an academic record at a level sufficient to qualify for full or provisional admission.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International8085 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 36 months.
National6567 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 36 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.