Medical Laboratory Science from Auckland University of Technology equips you with the skills to make the most of these opportunities.The ability to carry out research in medical laboratory science is a skill in high demand by industry. Medical laboratory scientists are facing new challenges as technologies evolve and diagnostic services change. Top-level evaluative and management skills are in demand along with specialised skills in research and development.
- Postdoctoral fellow
- Lecturer in universities
- Industrial research leader
- Scientific Research
- Quality Assurance in Laboratory Services
- Ethics of Biotechnology
- Specialist Readings in Applied Science
- Selected Topics in Applied Science
- Contemporary Molecular Genetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
International applications will be processed up to the start of the semester depending on availability.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Biotechnology View 8 other Masters in Biomedicine in New Zealand
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Auckland University of Technology and/or in New Zealand, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Have completed the Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science with a B grade average or higher in courses at level 7, or equivalent
- Be registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist with the Medical Sciences Council of New Zealand (MSCNZ)
- Hold a current Practising Certificate as a Medical Laboratory Scientist, issued by the MSCNZ
- IELTS (Academic) 6.5 overall with all bands 6.0 or higher; or equivalent
International25395 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25395 USD per year during 24 months.
National5602 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5602 USD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic: 8957 NZD per year
- International: 40600 NZD per year
Living costs for Auckland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.