International Human Rights Law and Justice from The American University in Cairo seeks to give students a thorough grounding in the theoretical underpinnings of human rights law and in the methods of solid multidisciplinary research that are required for investigating legal issues pertaining to human rights. It is intended for those presently working, or desiring to work, in humanitarian organizations, in government departments and agencies concerned with humanitarian issues, or in other public, private and international sectors where there is increasingly a need for persons who have an understanding of the law and legal consequences of human rights within an international framework.
Opportunities are available to graduates in international organizations and NGOs.
- International Law
- International Human Rights Law and Critique
- International Humanitarian Law
- Human Rights in the Middle East
- Economic, Social, and Cultural Rights
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Business Law
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The American University in Cairo and/or in Egypt, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The applicant for admission to the MA program should have an acceptable bachelor’s degree in law, political science or a closely related social science (preferably with a minor in political science or law studies) with a grade of gayyid giddan (very good) or a grade point average of 3.0.
- An online application for graduate studies
- Online payment of the application fee
- A statement of purpose
- An updated resume (CV)
- At least two online letters of recommendation from persons familiar with your academic or professional background
- Official academic records, of which one must be a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with proof of degree completion.
- Satisfactory English language proficiency test results
- Graduate students may be asked to demonstrate minimum competency in the use of computers and academic libraries as they relate to graduate study and research
- One recent passport size photograph (a clear electronic copy)
International19845 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 735 USD per credit during 12 months.
National16119 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 597 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Cairo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.