The Master of Emergency Management at Auckland University of Technology focuses on reducing risk to communities where possible, building community resilience, improving emergency and disaster response, and enhancing recovery processes, including the health and wellbeing of those affected. The programme is regularly reviewed to align with current research and practice, and is well suited for both New Zealand and international students.
The Master of Emergency Management programme is suitable if you are considering a career in the emergency and disaster management field or are already working in the field and would like to gain a tertiary level qualification to complement your work experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Emergency and Disaster Management
- Business Continuity and Crisis Management
- Building Resilient Communities
- Psychosocial Aspects of Emergencies
- Communications in Emergency and Disaster
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Application of Geographic Information Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International Students: Applications will be processed up to the start of the semester depending on programme availability.
DisciplinesSocial Work Emergency & Disaster Management View 14 other Masters in Social Work in New Zealand
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Completed one of the following; or equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree with a B grade or higher in papers at a level 7 or equivalent
- In exceptional circumstances an applicant who does not meet the requirements above, but who has an appropriate combination of academic and professional experience, may be considered for admission
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19270 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19270 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National5289 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5289 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Domestic: NZ$8,711
- International: NZ$36,895
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.