It is expected of MSc Bioinformatics candidates to publish their work in peer-reviewed international journals and to present it at laboratory meetings and to wider audiences. All students also participate in journal club meetings, where relevant publications are prepared, presented, and discussed.
Students have to adhere to rules and regulations set out by the University of the Western Cape to obtain their degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioinformatics Masters Thesis
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Participants in the programme should be in possession of a good Honours (BSc) degree (average score not less than 60%) in a related scientific subject area.
- Exceptionally, candidates who have shown significant potential, but did not achieve the necessary score requirements, may be considered at the discretion of SANBI Faculty. The case, however, has to be well motivated.
- The application process requires that all candidates write a short essay on bioinformatics and their role and expectations from the programme.
- Also, all candidates will be interviewed by Faculty members, after which the decision on acceptance to the programme will be made.
International5734 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5734 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National2108 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2108 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- Local: R35,310 - R44,280 South African Rands
- International: R96,020 South African Rands
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.