This Sexual Health Studies course from University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) has been developed with a multi-agency/multi-disciplinary approach, which considers the educational needs of a diverse changing workforce within sexual health. The course is comprised of modules that, where possible, allow for individual choice and flexibility in learning. The MSc Sexual Health programme is delivered full-time or part-time and is divided into nine modules. Previous students on the course have come from a variety of organisations, such as: public & community health, non-clinical outreach, drugs and alcohol services, voluntary agencies, prisons, schools, youth & community.
An MSc in Sexual Health Studies can lead to career development opportunities and continuing professional development.
You can transfer from the MSc Sexual Health to a Professional Doctorate when you’ve completed 120 credits. You can get advice from your course leader on whether or not you meet the admissions criteria of this programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sexual Health: Critical Thinking and Challenges
- Postgraduate Research
- Contraception: Theory and Practice
- Sexual Health Global Perspectives
- Organisational Leadership and Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
UK students can apply all year round.
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences View 1793 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should hold at least a 2:2 degree in health related area within the last 10 years
- Applicants with a core or equivalent qualification from a recognised overseas Higher Education Institution
- They don’t need to be a qualified Nurse, Midwife or Specialist Community Public Health Nurse registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council in the UK but if they are then they have access to additional clinical modules such as contraception, cervical screening etc - they need to have no restrictions on their professional practice
- A detailed admissions procedure will be forwarded on application
- Demonstrate evidence of successful academic study at a minimum of Level 6 or equivalent and is normally within the last 3 years
- 2 references required
- IELTS: Score of at least 7.0 or equivalent within the last 2 years
- DBS required
- You will be required to obtain a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National7800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time: £867 per 20 credits (UK)
Living costs for Preston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.