At Molecular Life Sciences - Microbiology, Biotechnology and Biochemistry from University of Göttingen lectures with introductory methods courses and consecutive individual research projects convey special knowledge of microbiology as well as on current issues in molecular biology and biochemistry. State-of-the-art-techniques and a variety of bacterial, fungal and plant model organisms are used to answer current questions. The programme is conducted in an active research environment with high international standing.
Our graduates are specifically qualified for subsequent PhD programmes of the Faculty of Biology and Psychology and a career in life sciences.
- General and Applied Microbiology
- Molecular Genetics and Microbial Cell Biology
- Cell and Molecular Biology of Plant-Microbe-Interactions
- Structural Biochemistry
- Biochemistry and Biophysics
- Enzyme Catalysis and Biological Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 87 other Masters in Biology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. Degree or equivalent
- at least 150 ECTS at the time of application
- Eligibility: at least 125 ECTS in the field of life sciences
- Proof of language proficiency required for the degree programme
- Statutory declaration (Eidesstattliche Versicherung) (not mandatory when applying for a higher semester
International768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 EUR per semester during 24 months.
The semester fees comprise administration fees, student body fees and a Studentenwerk fee.
Living costs for Göttingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.