Courses in Wind Literature, Rehearsal Techniques, & Score Study are combined with advanced training in verbal, non-verbal, and gestural skills.
The Music - Conducting provides students with extensive background knowledge in choral literature and historical performance styles from the Medieval era through the 21st century. Students also acquire conducting technique through one-on-one conducting study, and rehearsal techniques through numerous guided opportunities when conducting UL Lafayette's three choirs in rehearsals, performances, and on tour. Graduates of the program go on to teaching positions and further study on the Doctoral level.
Conducting Career Opportunities
- String or Orchestra Director in a public or private school
- Youth Orchestra Conductor
- Band Director
- Choral Director
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Research and Bibliography
- Analysis of Tonal Music
- Analysis of Twentieth Century Music
- Music Theory Pedagogy)
- Survey of Music Theory)
- Seminar in Music History)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesMusic View 993 other Masters in Music in United States
- a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- GRE scores acceptable to the University of Louisiana, Lafayette, Graduate School
- a scholarly paper in music theory and/or analysis (approximately 5 pages minimum)
- samples of written compositions and audio recordings, if student wishes to focus on acoustic composition (not required of students intending to write a theoretical thesis)
- audio and/or audio/visual recordings of work, if student wishes to focus on music media (not required of students intending to write a theoretical thesis)
- a sufficient score on the graduate music theory placement exam
- a sufficient score on an aural skills exam (for students applying to become a graduate assistant in music theory)
International1651 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1651 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1651 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1651 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State1631 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1631 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.