Along with the formal course-work, students gain intercultural work- and life-experience by interacting with international colleagues and professors. Graduates work in forest management all around the world.
Graduates of the MSc programme Tropical and International Forestry at University of Göttingen work in forest management all around the world, often in cooperation with international research and development organizations.Along with the formal course-work, students gain intercultural work- and life-experience by interacting with international colleagues and professors. Experience has shown that personal and professional contact established during this MSc programme is an excellent way to expand the students’ professional network.
The knowledge and experience gained through our interdisciplinary MSc programme ‘Tropical and International Forestry’ qualifies and enables graduates to pursue a professional career in the following fields: international organizations (e.g. FAO, UNEP, World Bank, Asian Development Bank); wood processing industry; consulting and advisory activity e.g. in the field of certified wood, carbon sequestration, or watershed management; research and teaching at universities and international research organizations (e.g. CIFOR, ICRAF, etc.); non-governmental organizations; government development organizations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Tropical forest ecology and silviculture
- International forest policy and economics
- Monitoring of forest resources
- Forest utilization and wood processing
- Ecopedology of the tropics and subtropics
- Project planning and evaluation
- Biometrical research methods
- Biotechnology and forest genetics
- Project: Development of a forest region
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesForestry View 6 other Masters in Forestry in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To be considered for admission you have to fulfil the following requirements:
- Professional degree (BSc or equivalent) in forestry or a related field (e.g. Agriculture, Geography) with very good to good results approved by an institute of higher learning or a similar qualification.
- Good English skills (e.g. TOEFL: 215 points computer based / 80 points internet based or IELTS min. 6 points).
- We welcome applicants with professional experience.
Following documents must be provided additionally as certified and translated paper copies:
- Curriculum vitae
- Photo (passport size)
- Certified copies of qualifications (BSc/MSc certificate), including detailed results of the final exam (transcript)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Semester contribution fee: 355 euro
Advice for applicants: Qualified candidates can apply for a DAAD scholarship. The course is positively evaluated and financially supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.