Forest and Ecosystem Sciences - Tropical and International Forestry from University of Göttingen covers ecosystems analysis and modelling with in-dept training in advanced programming, data analysis as well as theoretical ecology and practical conservation management. Research-based training on terrestrial ecosystems function from molecules to landscape level and laboratory methods in ecosystems sciences and sustainable management of tropical and international forests where students together prepare an interdisciplinary management plan on-site. Throughout their studies, students will take part in cutting- edge research activities on these topics in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
This degree programme qualifies the student for an international career in forest and ecosystems management as well as in the areas of environmental protection and conservation.
- Tropical forest ecology and silviculture
- International forest policy and economics
- Monitoring of forest resources
- Forest utilization and wood processing
- Project planning and evaluation
- Biometrical research methods
- Environmental Biotechnology and forest genetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesSoil Science Forestry Ecology View 7 other Masters in Forestry in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's Degree in Forestry or related subject with a total of at least 180 ECTS credits
- at least 150 ECTS at the time of application
- Eligibility: Verification required of academic performance in Forestry or Environmental Sciences, Resource or Ecosystem Management, Life Sciences and Applied Computer Science in the scope of at least 60 ECTS
- Proof of language proficiency required for the degree programme
- Statutory declaration (Eidesstattliche Versicherung)
- Curriculum vitae
International768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 EUR per semester during 24 months.
The semester fees comprise administration fees, student body fees and a Studentenwerk fee.
Living costs for Göttingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.