We train our students for careers as economists or managers in commerce, industry, banking, financial services or the public sector. This programme aims to equip you with a range of methodological and problem-solving skills and specialised knowledge relevant for international money and banking.
The International Money and Banking programme from the University of Birmingham complements the MSc in Money, Banking and Finance, and, as with that programme, is of particular interest to those wishing to pursue careers in the financial sector. It provides you with an advanced knowledge of the related disciplines of macroeconomics, banking, international finance and financial markets.
In comparison with the MSc in Money, Banking and Finance, there is greater emphasis on international banking and finance, and less on the acquisition of related technical skills.
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills.
At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Economics of Financial Markets
- Foreign Exchange Markets
- International Banking and Finance
- International Banking and Finance: Regulation and Supervision
- Monetary Policy
- Topics in Money and Banking
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Deadline passed, EEA/EU
DisciplinesInternational Relations Finance Financial Mathematics View 694 other Masters in Finance in United Kingdom
- A 2:1 bachelor’s Honours degree (or overseas equivalent) in Economics or a related discipline
- You are expected to have received a good training in economics, to at least intermediate level, and to have taken at minimum: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics or Statistics, and Mathematics or a Quantitative module at bachelor’s level
International20880 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20880 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9900 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part-time: £4250 EU/EEA
- International students can often gain funding through overseas research scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships or their home government
- If you're an English-resident, or EU student, you may be eligible for a loan to study a taught or research Masters in any subject. The government-backed student loan will provide up to £10,280
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.