International Economics from University of Göttingen concentrates on the acquisition of specialised knowledge of international markets and the global interconnections of national economies. High value is set on research-based teaching and demanding proficiency in analytical methods. Master's students have the opportunity of studying one semester at one of our partner universities for example in Europe, Russia, the U.S., Latin America, Africa, Indonesia, Japan, Thailand, South Korea or China. Additional language courses can be chosen as electives to prepare students for this study-abroad programme.
Graduates of the master's degree programme in international economics are equipped with a high level of methodological and factual knowledge coupled with their acquired language skills and intercultural skills. This opens up outstanding career perspectives, particularly at international and European organisations (for example IWF, World Bank, OECD, WTO, European Central Bank, EU Commission), at research institutes, institutions for development cooperation and in the private sector, particularly at associations, at management consultancies, in the financial sector or at internationally aligned companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Trade and Production
- Development Economics
- Behavioral and Institutional Economics
- Quantitative Methods of Economic Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics International Relations Finance View 32 other Masters in International Relations in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Motivation letter
- A minimum of six semesters of study culminating in a Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent course of study with a minimum of 180 ECTS credits in the subject of economics or a closely related subject.
- Applicants must have completed at least 150 of the 180 ECTS credits at the time of application. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications that do not meet this requirement.
- Completed 60 ECTS credits and course work in Economics including 30 ECTS credits in Economic Theory, Public Economics, and International Trade.
- A minimum of 12 ECTS credits must be completed in Mathematics, Statistics, or Econometrics.
- Proof of language proficiency required for the degree programme
- Statutory declaration (Eidesstattliche Versicherung)
International768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA768 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 389 EUR for summer semester
- The semester fees comprise administration fees, student body fees and a Studentenwerk fee.
Living costs for Göttingen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.