Core topics will be advanced methodologies and techniques that are nowadays required tools for performing mathematical modelling and analysis under uncertainty (Stochastics) and for analysing and being able to interpret high-dimensional and complex data structures (Data Science).
- Graduates in Stochastics and Data Science from University of Turin can work in private and public companies, research institutions or as self employed. Among the possible career opportunities there are analytic departments of banks and insurance companies, industries of all sectors, public administrations and research centers in all fields that require skilled treatment of data with complex structures.
- Graduates in Stochastics and Data Science can also access PhD programs in statistics, probability, applied mathematics, operations research and mathematical finance, among others.
- The emphasis of the course topics will be both theoretical and oriented towards computation and applications, providing not a "book of recipes" but the capability of discerning, combining and applying the most useful and modern methods available in Probability and Statistics.
- The Master's Degree in Stochastics and Data Science draws inspiration from the best graduate programs in Data Science recently started in the USA and Europe, and is currently the only offer of this type in Italy.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 30 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Applications are open to anyone holding or being close to obtaining a Bachelor degree (Laurea Triennale for students in Italian universities) or
- An equivalent/superior title, whose preceding studies include at least 1/4 of credits (45 CFU for Italian Bachelor degrees, which may include the final dissertation) in one or more of the following areas (disciplinary codes for Italian degrees): Mathematics (MAT/*), Statistics and Mathematical Methods for Decisions (SECS-S/*), Econometrics (SECS-P/05), Computer Science (INF/01, ING-INF/*), Physics (FIS/01-02). The preceding studies may combine different degrees or include certified additional courses.
exemptions and reductions for students with ISEE equal or lower than 30.000,99 €
Living costs for Turin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.