The Nutrition and Dietetics programme of University of Bahrain aims to provide students with a knowledge and skill base in fundamental and advanced nutrition and dietetics. Specifically the program aims to:
- provide the student with a core body of instruction/knowledge in nutrition and dietetics;
- provide the student with a knowledge and understanding of human nutrition beyond that offered at the undergraduate level;
- create a learning environment that is informed by the academic/ research background and professional experience of the staff;
- provide a firm foundation in research skills and techniques;
- enable the student to utilize research methodologies to advance knowledge by creating and testing hypotheses through original or library based research;
- develop verbal and written communication skills;
- enable the student to assimilate and communicate findings of scientific research;
- enable the student to enter a broad range of professions, fields and careers, including research, nutrition, food industry and food systems, and the business of health clubs and health promotion;
- enable the student to offer science-based opinions on nutrition issues
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Implement advanced knowledge in areas of nutrition and dietetics.
- Develop ideas in addressing and solving problems.
- Analyze nutritional problems and communicate the results.
- Evaluate specific knowledge and current research in nutrition and dietetics.
- Plan an original research in nutrition and dietetics.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Integrate intellectual, cognitive and transferable skills in the field of nutrition and dietetics.
- Develop independence and autonomy in life-long learning
- Principles Of Nutrition
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Research Methods
- Biochemistry And Physiology Of Nutrition
- Therapeutic Nutrition
- Nutrition Policy And Management
- Community Nutrition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences
- Fulfill the university requirements for admission to postgraduate studies
- Hold a B.Sc. Degree in the required discipline or a related field to the required discipline (full-time study) from a recognized university, with a minimum GPA of 2.67 out of 4.00 based on the grade point system, or equivalent
- Meet the Proficiency in English language requirement for postgraduate admission
- Pass a written qualifying exam
- Pass a personal interview
International10626 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 322 EUR per credit during 12 months.
National10626 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 322 EUR per credit during 12 months.
- 140.000 BHD per credit
Living costs for Dar Kulayb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.