The Applied Physics programme of University of Bahrain involves various educating methods learning skills including lectures, laboratory work, self-study, projects, and Master's research thesis. The student must study 4 core courses (total of 12 credits) and 6 elective courses (total of 18 credits). In addition, the student must complete a research project leading to a thesis (total of 6 credits). Accordingly, the total required credits for the master Program in Applied Physics is 36 credits.
- To provide students with advanced knowledge in core physics subjects and prepare them to pursue higher studies leading to a Ph.D. degree in physics.
- To equip students with the appropriate skills in experimental and numerical methods that will enable them to solve advanced problems in applied physics.
- To pursue a successful career in an Applied Physics related field.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge in the fundamental areas of Applied Physics and advanced theoretical knowledge and experimental training in a sub-discipline.
- Identify, analyze, and solve advanced physics problems.
- Demonstrate the ability to successfully complete a research project that advances an area of experimental physics, computational physics, or theoretical modeling.
- Show an ability to formulate or design a system, process, or program to meet desired needs in Applied Physics.
- Tackle contemporary issues in one of the fields of Applied Physics.
- Discuss advanced physics issues and relate research results to contemporary international research.
- Communicate effectively (both written and orally) with a broad audience, across a range of professional and personal contexts.
- Function effectively both as a leader and as a member of a team to achieve a goal.
- Exhibit an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern scientific and technical tools necessary for professional practice.
- Acquire an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Possess the ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Solid State Physics
- Solid State Devices
- Materials Science
- Physics Of Non-crystalline Solids
- Nanoscience & Nanomaterials
- Selected Topics In Condensed Matter Physics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhysics Mathematics General Engineering & Technology View 6 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Bahrain
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Bahrain and/or in Bahrain, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Fulfill the University requirements for admission to postgraduate studies.
- Hold a B.Sc degree in physics or a related field (full time study) with a minimum GPA of 2.67 out of 4.00 based on the grade point system, or equivalent.
- Pass and interview.
- Provide at least two academic recommendation letters.
International9660 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 322 EUR per credit during 12 months.
National9660 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 322 EUR per credit during 12 months.
- 140.000 BHD per credit
Living costs for Dar Kulayb
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.