The Family Nurse Practitioner program prepares graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to manage acute and chronic health care needs of individuals of all ages. The Nursing program at University of San Diego provides a lifespan perspective focusing on acute and chronic mental health conditions and prepares graduates with skills in individual, family, and group psychotherapy.
Graduates of the FNP program are eligible to sit for Family Nurse Practitioner certification (FNP-BC) through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), or through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB), Family Nurse Practitioner, Certified (FNP-C).
Graduates of the PMHNP program are eligible to sit for the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner certification (PMHNP-BC) through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Demonstrate advanced levels of clinical practice within defined ethical, legal, and regulatory parameters in designing, implementing, and evaluating evidenced-based, culturally competent therapeutic interventions for individuals or aggregates.
- Synthesize nursing and other scientific and ethical theories and concepts to create a foundation for advanced nursing practice.
- Demonstrate leadership in collaborative efforts to develop and implement policies to improve health care delivery and outcomes at multiple levels of professional practice (institutional, local, state, regional, national, and/or international).
- Incorporate research into practice through critical appraisal of existing evidence, evaluating practice outcomes, and developing practice-based guidelines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Physical Assessment and Diagnosis
- Methods of Translational Science
- Primary Care
- Pharmacology in Health Management
- Health Policy Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing View 687 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- BSN degree from an approved, accredited school
- Unencumbered, active California RN license
- One year of acute-care clinical experience as a registered nurse
- Basic statistics course
- GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of the university application for the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program
- One official transcript from each college or university attended
- (An official evaluation by World Education Services is required for all international transcripts.)
- Three professional recommendations (application instructions)
International1580 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1580 USD per credit during 24 months.
National1580 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1580 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.