Where data and automation add up to better patient outcomes.
With our focus on compassionate care, it normally runs against our grain to treat any patient like a number. However, numbers do have a place in healthcare, and one such place is informatics. Nursing informatics is poised at the dynamic intersection of computer science, health care delivery, human systems integration, knowledge management and the health industry. It attracts students who aspire to make an impact solving healthcare problems and even evolving healthcare itself—achieving results from the desktop to the bedside.
Drawing experts from business, engineering, computer science and healthcare, our faculty prepare students with the technical, analytical and innovation skills they need to become clinical informaticists—future leaders who manage impersonal data to deliver efficient, effective and personal care to patients.
The Nursing Informatics program at University of San Diego is recognized as an approved educational partner by the Health Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS). Graduates are prepared for certification through HIMSS and are eligible to seek board certification as Nursing Informaticists through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Health Care Information Management
- Systems Analysis and Design for Health Care Informatics
- Database Design and Knowledge Management
- Advanced Health Care Information Management
- Health Care Analytics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Informatics View 218 other Masters in Health Informatics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to upload unofficial transcripts with the application
- Three letters of recommendation
- A resume describing the nature, scope and areas of responsibility of all your work experience is required
- Applicants must submit proof of an active, unencumbered California RN license. International applicants must have an active, unencumbered California state registered nurse (RN) license at the time of application
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement: the essay, required of all candidates, gives us a better understanding of you as a person, your career goals and your familiarity with the nursing role you will assume after graduation
- Foreign credentials/transcripts submitted with an application for graduate study are required to be evaluated by World Education Services
- If you're from a non-English-speaking country, the TOEFL or the IELTS is required
International35550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1580 USD per credit during 24 months.
National35550 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1580 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.