It’s more than a career. It’s a calling.
At the Hahn School of Nursing, it’s never too late to pursue your passion for meeting the health needs of humanity.
Together, students in the Entry Program in Nursing (for non-RNs) at University of San Diego build experience and confidence through hands-on practice in the Dickinson Nursing Simulation Center. In this sophisticated facility, “standardized patient” professional actors recreate real-world situations you’ll experience as a nurse. Because understanding cultural context is a vital part of nursing, we provide outreach opportunities in underserved communities while fostering diversity that informs and invigorates our programs.
As nurse scientists and advanced clinicians ourselves, we believe in each student and work tirelessly to support, mentor and prepare you to enter nursing practice. You’ll gain the skills, the thinking, the compassion and the drive you’ll need to make a real difference in patients’ lives.
This video depicts our USD MEPN pinning ceremony which is a symbolic welcoming of our newly graduated MEPN students into the nursing profession. It is a historic, respected and traditional milestone.
- Health Assessment
- Conceptual Basis of Professional Nursing Practice
- Pharmacology in Nursing Practice
- Nursing Practice with Adult and Older Adult Patients with Acute and Chronic Health Problems
- Evidence Based Practice: Role of Theory and Research
- Nursing Practice with Psych-Mental Health Clients
- 21 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 739 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an approved, accredited college or university
- Completion of the required prerequisite courses
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Completion of the Centralized Nursing Application (Nursing CAS)
- One official transcript from each college or university you've attended
- Three professional recommendations related to academics and work (paid and volunteer)
- A resume describing the nature, scope and areas of responsibility of all work experience, including any volunteer or paid healthcare-related experience
- A minimum of 50 hours as a volunteer in a hospital setting observing registered nurses in practice
- Evidence of specified immunizations and screening tests, recent physical examination, and BLS (CPR) certification if admitted into the program
- If you're an international applicant, you'll need to meet additional requirements for admission
- All students must be COVID vaccinated to attend USD
International64102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1580 USD per credit during 21 months.
National64102 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1580 USD per credit during 21 months.
Living costs for San Diego
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.