Students who elect to complete the Bilingual Specialization receive training that enables them to provide school psychological services to children in both monolingual and bilingual settings. Additional course work focuses more intensively on the theory and practice of bilingual/multicultural education and methods of providing psychological services in the target language. Students at the master’s degree in Bilingual School Psychology at Pace University receive integrated training from psychology and speech and language faculty in the area of bilingual language development and disorders. Students entering the PsyD program with advanced standing may also obtain the experiences needed to apply for the New York State Bilingual School Psychology certificate. Typically this requires enrolling in PSY 750B Bilingual School-Clinical Child Psychology I Internship and Seminar and PSY 751B Bilingual School Clinical Chlild Psychology II in addition to fulfilling the other Bilingual School Psychology Specialization requirements.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Bilingual School-Clinical Child Psychology I: Internship and Seminar
- Practice: Limiting Bias in the Assessment of the Bilingual Child
- Counseling the Culturally Different: Implications for Bilingual Psychological Service Provision
- Communication, Language, and the Bilingual Child in the Classroom
- Bilingual Language Development and Disorders
- Multicultural and Gender Intervention Issues
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Psychology View 999 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Application Fee ($70, non-refundable)
- All Official Transcripts: Transcripts from every accredited college or university attended (not just the degree granting institution) must be sent either to Pace University, directly from the academic institution electronically or by mail, or forwarded by the applicant in sealed envelopes from the academic institution.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Letters should be from academic or professional references that can knowledgeably comment on your ability to successfully complete graduate study.
- Resume: A resume or outline describing at least the past five years of your employment history and any significant community, professional, or college extracurricular activities.
- Personal Statement: A personal statement explaining to the Graduate Admission Committee why you would like to pursue the program of graduate study you have chosen.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International54054 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1386 USD per credit during 24 months.
National54054 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1386 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State54054 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1386 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.