Uniquely modern in its approach, the School is an ideal conservatory for aspiring actors who want to be prepared to tackle a broad range of both character and leading roles, and for budding directors and playwrights looking to develop their expertise using the collaborative Actors Studio philosophy and tradition.
The only Actors Studio Drama School - Acting, Directing, and Playwriting program at Pace University crafted and sanctioned by the legendary Actors Studio.
All core teachers are Lifetime Members of the Actors Studio. The curriculum has been designed and developed by the leadership of the Actors Studio, including the co-presidents of the organization, Alec Baldwin, Ellen Burstyn, and Al Pacino.
Located in New York City, the theater capital of America and the largest media and cultural market in the world.
The Actors Studio Drama School alumni are an elite group of artists who have a strong foundation in the theater, film, television, and entertainment industry, as well as the world of education. In addition to some of our graduates becoming Lifetime Members of the Actors Studio, many of our alumni have gone on to a wide range of accomplishments across the country and around the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theater History
- Voice and Speech 1.1
- Movement - Improvisational Movement
- Preparing to Direct
- History of Directing
- Storytelling and the Use of Space
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Directors: 107
- Playwrights: 95
DisciplinesVisual Arts Theatre & Dance View 332 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application Fee ($70, non-refundable)
- All Official Transcripts: Transcripts from every accredited college or university attended (not just the degree granting institution) must be sent either to Pace University, directly from the academic institution electronically or by mail, or forwarded by the applicant in sealed envelopes from the academic institution.
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Letters should be from academic or professional references that can knowledgeably comment on your ability to successfully complete graduate study.
- Personal Statement
- In addition to completing a standard graduate application, applicants to this program will be required to submit additional materials, such as headshots, portfolios, and/or writing samples dependent upon the applicants chosen track. Once all the materials are reviewed, candidates will be invited to audition.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International46555 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46555 USD per year during 36 months.
National46555 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46555 USD per year during 36 months.
In-State46555 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 46555 USD per year during 36 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.