The Theatre program at University of San Diego is unique in its ability to provide students with an exceptional number of professional performance opportunities. Partnership with the Globe demands that students achieve its formidable standard of artistic excellence and professionalism.
Because the Globe is the program's primary source for the performance faculty, directors, designers, guest artists, and master teachers, this demanding ethic inspires studio work as well.
A Unique Experience
- In addition to its symbiotic relationship with one of America's premier regional theaters, the professional actor training program is unique in other ways:
- With only seven actors in each class an exceptional amount of personal attention is given to the student’s individual training needs.
- Academic credit earned through performance work at the Globe enables the University of San Diego to award its Master of Fine Arts degree after only two years of study.
- Students have an opportunity to participate in an extensive theatre tour of London.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Text and Context: Modern Drama
- Voice and Speech
- Text and Context: Renaissance Drama
- Graduate Colloquium
- Globe Production
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Here are our 2020 Audition dates:
- NYC: January 17-23
- SAN DIEGO: January 26-27
- CHICAGO: February 4 and 5
- SAN FRANCISCO: February 7 and 8
DisciplinesTheatre & Dance View 280 other Masters in Theatre & Dance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Current Resume — You will submit a resume detailing your employment and/or educational experience.
- Personal Statement, Statement of Purpose and/or Essays — Personal statement(s) vary depending on the program you are applying to. Please check the prompt in your application.
- Letters of Recommendation — Your letters should be from professors familiar with your scholarly work, or from professional supervisors who have had experience in a graduate program and who can provide information about your potential for success as a graduate student.
International1555 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1555 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1555 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1555 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.