The Master of Engineering (ME) degree in Electrical Engineering from University at Buffalo, The State University of New York School of Engineering and Applied Sciences is usually a terminal degree for those not wishing to continue on to a PhD. The main areas of study in the Department of Electrical Engineering are: communications and signal processing; microelectronics, photonics and materials; and energy systems.
This program can be taken on a full-or part-time basis and is well suited for practicing engineers in the greater Buffalo metropolitan area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- To complete the 30 credit hour requirement, the student must conduct an engineering project representing six hours of credit, resulting in a written technical report and a satisfactory oral presentation in a seminar.
- In a ME project, students are typically involved with the planning, benchmarking, and implementation of certain engineering activities centering on the application of specific engineering principles and methodologies in real world settings, leading to measurable improvements in quality, cost, efficiency, build-to-order flexibility, time-to-market, customer satisfaction, or other key performance indicators. The focus is on innovative application of engineering knowledge to add value, not on creation of new knowledge.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- January 1
Full consideration for funding/fellowships
- October 15
We accept applications on a rolling basis throughout the year.
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Management, Organisation & Leadership Energy & Power Engineering View 1541 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A baccalaureate degree in engineering
- Three letters of reference
- A minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 basis) for all undergraduate work taken during the last two years of the applicant's studies.
- GRE Scores
- Application Fee ($85)
- Personal Statement/CV
In exceptional cases, the department may authorize admission of an applicant who does not meet all of the above requirements. In such cases the department will establish performance criteria which, when satisfied, will serve as the basis for continuing in the program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23100 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11310 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Scholarships
- University at Buffalo Presidential Fellowships
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowships
- Arthur A. Schomburg Fellowships
- Fulbright Programs
- Western New York Prosperity Fellowship Program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.