Why this programme?
- Learning in an inspiring environment at the heart of the Wetsus laboratories and its excellent facilities.
- Teaching staff from three highly regarded Dutch universities, Wageningen, Twente and Groningen.
- Students have access to professionals within an extensive network of companies in the industrial and public sector.
Study programme of MSc Water Technology
The Water Technology programme at Wageningen University and Research is a multidisciplinary programme with a clear scientific and technological approach embedded in a top research environment. Students learn to develop, propagate and apply sustainable innovations and optimizations, and create new insights within the broader framework of the growing scarcity of raw materials (mainly water), energy and associated pollution.
Wageningen University and Research, University Twente and University of Groningen offer this full master’s programme Water Technology as a joint degree. It links to collaborate research activities, which are consolidated in their participation together with the Research Institute Water Technology, Wetsus. The Wetsus Academy coordinates the programme, which is given entirely in Leeuwarden at the Wetsus institute. Students study in the most suited academic context to become design-oriented researchers and professionals in water technology. The programme knows a clear and very strong link with the professional field of science and research. Students learn in an inspiring environment at the WaterCampus in Leeuwarden, close to their future work field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Water Technologies in Global Context
- Colloid Chemistry
- Transport Phenomena
- Physical Chemistry
- Water Microbiology
- Chemical Reactor Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management General Engineering & Technology Natural Resource Management View 75 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A BSc degree (or equivalent) in a field of science relevant to the field of water technology
- A Grade Point Average (GPA) for the BSc of at least 70% of the maximum grade
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
- Applicants for the MSc programme Water Technology should have a relevant BSc degree in chemical engineering, biotechnology, environmental engineering or in another natural/technological oriented field related to water. A Dutch bachelor's degree (HBO) related to one of the topics mentioned above is also relevant for admission to the MSc programme Water Technology.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2314 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2314 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wageningen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.