Master of Engineering in Chemical and Biological Engineering in specific course focus areas from University at Buffalo, The State University of New York School of Engineering and Applied Sciences are designed to maximize student readiness for future careers by developing core competencies in specific areas of high student and industry interest. Students can choose one of four focus areas (reflecting current market demands) and achieve their training goals by enrolling in a coherent set of companion courses.
Our ME degree (18 – 24 months long) is a research based degree with an industrial focus. The degree is designed to accommodate both applicants with and without prior Chemical Engineering training, and may be augmented by following a recommended curriculum in one of four areas.
- Modeling, Simulation, and Informatics
- Chemistry and Processing of Materials
- Energy and Sustainability
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, National
- Apply before , International
Applications are due January 15 but applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis while space is available. International students who require a visa, submission by March 1 is recommended for Fall admission.
More informationGo to the programme website
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Chemical Engineering Biology View 893 other Masters in Biology in United States
- For Master’s applications, please submit undergraduate and (where applicable) graduate grades. GRE and recommendation letters are not required, although applicants are encouraged to submit them if doing so will strengthen their applications.
- ALL international applicants MUST complete and return the International Applicant Financial, regardless of ability to pay.
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23100 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11310 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Scholarships
- University at Buffalo Presidential Fellowships
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowships
- Arthur A. Schomburg Fellowships
- Fulbright Programs
- Western New York Prosperity Fellowship Program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.