This Counseling program at University of Guam includes theory, research, and an intense supervised practicum and internship. In the electives, graduate students may choose additional depth in the counseling areas of either research or practice.
- Professional Counseling Orientation and Ethical Practice: The counselor candidate understands the history and philosophy of the counselors’ roles and responsibilities; advocacy processes; counseling credentialing; counselors’ practices and advocacy processes; strategies for self-evaluation and self-care; ethical standards of the counseling relationship, confidentiality, professional responsibility, and relationship with other professionals; ethical and legal standards of evaluation, assessment, and interpretation; ethical standards of supervision and training; ethical and legal standards of research and publication, distance counseling, technology, and social media; and of resolving ethical issues.
- Social and Cultural Diversity: The counselor candidate uses understanding of multicultural and pluralistic characteristics within and among diverse groups nationally and internationally; theories and models of multicultural counseling; cultural identity development; multicultural counseling competencies; help-seeking behaviors of diverse clients; the impact of spiritual beliefs on worldviews; societal subgroups; and social mores and differing lifestyles.
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- The Counseling Process: Theory
- Counseling Process: Individual Practice
- Group Counseling
- Dynamics of Individual Behavior
- Multicultural Counseling
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete an application for Graduate Admission. Apply online here.
- Submit an official Bachelor's Transcript with degree conferred directly from issuing institution. If you earned your bachelor's degree from UOG, this requirement is waived.
- Submit the following: Letter of Intent and Statement, Resume, at least 2 signed Letters of Recommendation (some degree program requires 3), and proof of residency (refer to Residency Policy).
- Obtain Graduate Program Entry Form and submit a signed copy to Graduate Admissions Office.
- Submit health requirements (updated within 6 months for PPD, MMR 1 & 2) and Medical History Form.
- Once ALL requirements are met, you may register for courses: complete this registration form and submit.
International11034 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11034 USD per year during 12 months.
National11034 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11034 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State5517 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5517 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.