To be effective on the international stage, legal professionals, business people and policymakers need to understand different legal cultures and ways of operating and communicating within alternative business contexts and regulatory frameworks.
This LLM in Law (Online Learning) programme at The University of Edinburgh provides an ideal learning environment for individuals to develop the skills and knowledge upon which further study or a relevant career can be built.
The programme spans foundational issues in areas of law, including:
- Commercial law
- Information technology law
- Intellectual property law
- Medical law
Graduates of our online distance learning programmes progress to a range of careers in Law and related legal fields, including work in local and international firms, government legal departments, other public institutions, international organisations and in academia.
The programmes are also an ideal platform for advanced research.
- To be awarded LLM Law you must successfully complete six courses and a 10,000-word dissertation during your chosen duration of study.
- During your studies you will also have the opportunity to study up to two courses from different subject areas such as intellectual property law, medical law or international commercial law.
- 12 months
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Legal Studies View 82 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
- A minimum UK 2:1 honours degree from a UK university, or its international equivalent, in law.
- We will also consider candidates with a degree in a related discipline which includes relevant prior study.
- Relevant work experience is not required but may increase your chances of acceptance.
- Relevant professional qualifications will be considered.
- Preference will be given to those with grades above the minimum requirements due to strong competition for places on this programme.
International24100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National24100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24100 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Part-time - 2 Years: £12,050
- Part-time - 3 Years: £8,035
- Part-time - 32 months: £8,035
- Part-time - 20 months: £12,050
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.