The Food Security in the Changing Environment (Distance Learning) programme offered at the Bangor University will equip students to implement the latest research into sustainable production systems thinking and will facilitate entry into agroforestry-related careers.
Students studying the course will:
- Examine the environmental, economic and social aspect of agroforestry in the context of food security and the changing environment.
- Study how selected agroforestry management practices can improve the resource-efficiency and overall sustainability of food production.
- Gain a global perspective to question whether and how growing demand for food from limited land resources can be met through agroforestry and sustainable intensification.
Careers and Employability
This course will enable professionals to redirect or enhance their capabilities. Graduates can find careers in advisory and policy/advocacy roles, executive management, agriculture, agribusiness and environmental consultancy and agencies, agricultural finance, land and catchment management agencies, natural resources management, agricultural education and training, and as rural counsellors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Natural Resource Management
- Agroforestry Systems and Practice
- Global Food Security
- Study Tour
- Soil Water Management
- Urban Forestry
- Carbon Footprinting and Life Cycle Assessment
- Forest Management Planning
- 24 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We would generally advise that you send in your application form by the end of June.
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences Environmental Sciences View 117 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United Kingdom
Students should meet one of the following requirements for entry:
- An Upper Second Class undergraduate Honours degree in a relevant subject, e.g. Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences, or Agriculture.
- A Third class Honours degree or an Ordinary degree in a relevant subject, with a minimum of two years relevant work experience.
- A minimum of two years relevant experience in agri-based food industries, the environmental sector or related work in a position of demonstrable responsibility.
International17800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17800 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bangor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.