As advanced practice registered nurses, CRNAs practice with a high degree of autonomy and professional respect. Clinical core and specialty courses, including clinical internships, are the same as the MSN nurse anesthesia program. These courses, along with the clinical internships, provide the opportunity for students to gain experience in nurse anesthesia practice in all specialty areas.
Students in the Nurse Anesthesia program at Oakland University study advanced physiology, pathophysiology, pharmacology and gross anatomical dissection in cognate courses. Upon completion of the 42-credit, 28-month post-master’s graduate certificate program, the nurse is prepared to take the certification exam offered by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists, leading to the designation CRNA.
- Advanced Pharmacology for Nurse Anesthesia Practice
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Physiology and Pathophysiology
- Nurse Anesthesia Practice and Clinical Internship
- Biophysics for Nurse Anesthesia
- Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management
- 28 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Genetics View 526 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Two School of Nursing Supplemental Application forms
- Three recommendations
- Professional statement of 500 to 1,000 words
- Proof of BLS, ACLS, PALS, and CCRN certification
- A Master of Science in Nursing degree with a GPA of 3.0 or above from an institution accredited by the National League for Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Proof of current unrestricted Registered Nurse License in the United States or its territories
- An undergraduate physical assessment course
- Undergraduate physiology and pathophysiology courses must be within seven years of applying to the program. Undergraduate anatomy, pharmacology and either organic chemistry or biochemistry must be within 10 years
- A minimum of one year of experience must be obtained in a critical care area within the United States, its territories, or a U.S. military hospital outside the United States
- An interview and complete a brief evaluation of their critical care nursing knowledge, skills
International21258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21258 USD per year during 28 months.
National21258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21258 USD per year during 28 months.
In-State15948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15948 USD per year during 28 months.
Living costs for Rochester Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.