The Nursing - Forensic Nursing program at Oakland University prepares graduates for professional practice in the role of the forensic nurse through the application of knowledge and principles foundational to nursing science and forensic science. Curriculum emphasizes interprofessional education related to the diverse roles and responsibilities of the forensic nurse as an independent practitioner and collaborator within the multidisciplinary forensic team while providing specialized care and services to individuals, families, communities, populations, and systems that have experienced violence or trauma.
The Forensic Nursing program prepares graduates to practice globally as a forensic nurse examiner with the ability to sub-specialize in a specific area of forensic nursing if desired. Graduates may practice in a variety of forensic nursing areas such as sexual violence, interpersonal violence, child/elder maltreatment, death investigation, and emergency preparedness and disaster management.
Building on the foundation of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program will prepare graduates as transformational leaders with advanced nursing knowledge and practice expertise for optimizing health outcomes. (Essential IX)
The MSN program prepares graduates to:
- Integrate theories and scientific findings from nursing, biopsychosocial fields, genetics, public health, and organizational sciences using translational processes to improve evidence-based nursing practice across diverse settings. (Essentials I & IV, VIII, IX)
- Describe concepts from organizational leadership, systems leadership, and information technology in the promotion of quality improvement and safety. (Essentials II, III, V, IX)
- Synthesize requisite knowledge of legal and regulatory processes, health policy, ethics, and advocacy to improve health outcomes of diverse populations at the organizational, local, state, and federal level. (Essentials IV, VI, VIII, IX)
- Formulate intra/interprofessional collaborative strategies integral to the design and delivery of evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention interventions to improve health outcomes in individuals, families, communities, and populations. (Essentials IV, VII, VIII, IX)
- Integrate professional standards and guidelines in the provision of nursing practice in a specialty area. (Essentials IX
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theoretical Foundations of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Diversity and Social Issues
- Research Topics in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Health Policy and Finance
- Interprofessional Role Development Leadership and Ethics in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Graduate Research: Project
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Foundations of Forensic Nursing Science
- Emergency Preparedness, Disaster Management, and Violence in Society
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- International students deadline for fall - 1 May
DisciplinesNursing Health Sciences Genetics View 445 other Masters in Genetics in United States
- Click the apply now button
- Select your program of interest if you do not have an account.If you have have an account, log in and continue from step 4.
- Fill out the form completely. Make note of your email and password for future log in.
- Click start an application or apply online
- Select your application
- Fill out the application and click submit
- Pay the $45 application charge
International21258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21258 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National21258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21258 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State15948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15948 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.