The plan of study for the Nursing - Family Nurse Practitioner program at Oakland University prepares the advanced practice nurse as a primary care provider for clients across all ages in a variety of settings. The curriculum focuses on culturally sensitive care, incorporating health promotion and management of acute and chronic health problems. The graduate is prepared to apply nursing theory, principles of advanced practice nursing and evidence based practice in the design and delivery of primary care. Knowledge for advanced nursing practice is synthesized from concepts in nursing, as well as the biological and social sciences. Graduates of the Family Nurse Practitioner program are prepared to take a Family Nurse Practitioner national certification examination.
Building on the foundation of the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program will prepare graduates as transformational leaders with advanced nursing knowledge and practice expertise for optimizing health outcomes. (Essential IX)
The MSN program prepares graduates to:
- Integrate theories and scientific findings from nursing, biopsychosocial fields, genetics, public health, and organizational sciences using translational processes to improve evidence-based nursing practice across diverse settings. (Essentials I & IV, VIII, IX)
- Apply concepts from organizational leadership, systems leadership, and information technology in the promotion of quality improvement and safety. (Essentials II, III, V, IX)
- Demonstrate requisite knowledge of legal and regulatory processes, health policy, ethics, and advocacy to improve health outcomes of diverse populations at the organizational, local, state, and federal level. (Essentials IV, VI, VIII, IX)
- Employ intra/interprofessional collaborative strategies in the design and delivery of evidence-based health promotion and disease prevention interventions to improve health outcomes in individuals, families, communities, and populations. (Essentials IV, VII, VIII, IX)
- Integrate professional standards and guidelines in the provision of nursing practice in a specialty area. (Essentials IX)
- Theoretical Foundations of Advanced Nursing Practice
- Diversity and Social Issues
- Research Topics in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Health Policy and Finance
- Interprofessional Role Development Leadership and Ethics in Advanced Nursing Practice
- Graduate Research: Project
- Advanced Pathophysiology for Health and Illness Across the Lifespan
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Advanced Nursing Interventions
- Pharmacology for Advanced Nursing Practice Across the Lifespan
- Pediatric Pathophysiology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- International students deadline for fall - 1 May
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Genetics View 517 other Masters in Genetics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Click the apply now button
- Select your program of interest if you do not have an account.If you have have an account, log in and continue from step 4.
- Fill out the form completely. Make note of your email and password for future log in.
- Click start an application or apply online
- Select your application
- Fill out the application and click submit
- Pay the $45 application charge
International21258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21258 USD per year during 12 months.
National21258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21258 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15948 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Rochester Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.