Working with your fellow students and professors as part of a closely-knit community, you will read and reflect in your coursework, and then write a critical or creative project to take your thinking to the next level.
Program options include a new one-year major research paper stream, or the traditional two-year thesis stream. The Theory, Culture and Politics program at Trent University invites proposals for academic projects, as well as for projects invested in research-creation, in which your own artistic production plays a major role.
- Prepare yourself for a career that requires informed, creative and dynamic perspectives or for Ph.D. studies.
- Study beyond disciplinary boundaries and collaborate with experts in their fields.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Seminar on Theory, Culture and Politics
- Feminist, gender & women's studies
- Subjects of Desire
- Political Theory
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Political Science View 79 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree) with at least B+ (77%) in the last two years of full-time study, or last ten full academic credits
- Demonstrated aptitude for interdisciplinary study
International21267 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21267 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National8929 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8929 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.