Become a catalyst for change in what is often called “the Age of the Environment.” Pose the critical questions about the issues of our time, and study alongside experts to find the answers. Explore environmental issues that will shape our future: the conservation of biodiversity, the spread of contaminants and infectious diseases, the matters of sustainability and water quality.
As part of the prestigious Environmental and Life Sciences programme at Trent University , you’ll generate knowledge and contribute to the future. Inspired by top-notch professors from diverse disciplines, as well as scientists from governmental and non-governmental organizations, you’ll help forge new approaches to key environmental challenges.
- Take part in leading research in cell biology and genetics, ecology and conservation biology, physical geography, trace contaminant toxicology and chemistry, and much more.
- Study in world-class research centres and institutes, built on superior funding and state-of-the-art research equipment that support you in your investigation.
- Conduct research alongside Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry scientists who serve as adjunct professors in Trent’s Environmental & Life Sciences graduate program
- Prepare for advanced academic training and for employment with governments, NGOs, or private industry.
- Benefit from strong funding, scholarship opportunities and teaching assistantships.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Physical Geography
- Trace Contaminant Toxicology and Chemistry
- Ecosystem Biogeochemistry
- Stress Physiology
- Cell Biology and Genetics
- Ecology and Conservation Biology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Environmental Sciences Genetics View 113 other Masters in Biology in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- B.Sc. honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree) in Biology, Environmental Chemistry, Geography, Environmental Science or a related discipline
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
It is highly recommended for applicants to secure a potential supervisor prior to submitting an application.
- A GRE test score is not required for admission into this program. However, applicants can submit a GRE score to enhance their application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20996 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20996 CAD per year during 24 months.
National8090 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8090 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.