Structure your studies by choosing from one of two research options, a thesis or a major research paper. Explore important issues and debates in Canadian Studies and Indigenous Studies and consider areas of specialization such as: Canada in the global context; cultural heritage: women and gender, the arts; policy and community; or identities and difference in Canada.
At Trent, you’ll find a well-established Canadian Studies and Indigenous Studies M.A. at Trent University , a multi-disciplinary faculty that values your academic background and perspectives, and a closely-knit environment rich in inspiration.
- Teach undergraduate students in a variety of disciplines.
- Prepare for further studies or a career in education, social services or the non-for-profit and advocacy sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
Themes in Canadian History
Indigenous Settler Relations
Sustainable Rural Communities
Culture, Heritage & the Arts
Perspectives on the Canadian North
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies View 100 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Honours degree (a four year undergraduate bachelor's degree)
- Minimum B+ (77%) or equivalent in the work of the last four semesters or the last two undergraduate years (last ten full credits)
- Undergraduate courses relating to Canada, or willing to take such courses as make-up, usually before admission
- A clear interest in an interdisciplinary graduate experience
- A GRE test score is not required for admission into this program
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20996 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20996 CAD per year during 24 months.
National8090 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8090 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oshawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.