Master of Education in educational studies degree is awarded upon satisfactory completion of a minimum of 32 credits in an approved program of study. The program consists of a minimum 9-credit core, a minimum of 15 elective credits approved by the student’s faculty adviser, and a minimum 3-credit exit plan for students enrolled in the International Baccalaureate program).
Elective courses must be taken for at least 3 credits to be counted toward the Master of Education in educational studies program, unless enrolled in the International Baccalaureate program.
Four Oakland University credits may be applied from outside the listed electives; exceptions to this policy require approval of a Petition of Exception by department faculty and Graduate Study and Lifelong Learning.
Students must meet with their adviser during the first semester and obtain a department-approved Plan of Study. A copy must be submitted to Graduate Study and Lifelong Learning, 520 O’Dowd Hall.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Diverse Learners and the Curriculum
- Cross-National Investigations into Educational Systems and Practices
- Gender Socialization in Schools
- Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Education
- Social Theories of Education in Cross-National Contexts
- International Baccalaureate: International and Global Education I
- International Baccalaureate: International and Global Education II
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3529 other Masters in Education in United States
- Supplemental Program Form
- Requirements for recommendations
- The two recommendation forms must be from individuals in a supervisory relationship to the applicant.
- Copy of teaching certificate
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0
- Ready access to K-12 classrooms
- K-12 teaching experience
- A statement of professional goals
- Communication skills commensurate with graduate-level scholarship. Students who are conditionally admitted to the program because of a lower GPA or lack of recommendations must complete a minimum of 7 credit hours (EST 601 and one other core course) with a grade of at least 3.0 in each course.
International1027 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1027 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1027 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1027 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State738 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 738 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.