Upon admission to the counseling program, students are assigned faculty advisers. It is expected that students will maintain contact with their adviser throughout their program. Open advising is also available. Contact the Department of Counseling for open advising hours.
Learning outcomesAll accepted Counseling applicants at Oakland University, in consultation with their assigned faculty program adviser, must develop a plan of study that details specific courses the students will use to satisfy their degree requirements. The plan of study must be approved by the faculty program adviser; on file by the completion of the first course; and submitted by the student to Graduate Study and Lifelong Learning by the end of the student’s first semester of graduate coursework.
Along with scholarship preparation, high levels of ethical conduct are considered essential for those who are involved in counseling adults and children. Students are expected to comply with the current Code of Ethics of the American Counseling Association. Violations will be brought before the faculty and could result in dismissal from the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Counseling and Ethics
- Diversity and Social Justice Issues
- Clinical Counseling Skills
- Theories of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- Individual and Family Development
- Testing and Assessment in Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- International students deadline for fall - 1 May
DisciplinesPsychology View 1058 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Click the apply now button
- Select your program of interest if you do not have an account.If you have have an account, log in and continue from step 4.
- Fill out the form completely. Make note of your email and password for future log in.
- Click start an application or apply online
- Select your application
- Fill out the application and click submit
- Pay the $45 application charge
International21258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21258 USD per year during 12 months.
National21258 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21258 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State15948 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15948 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Rochester Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.