They offer a whole range of modules designed to further your capabilities in all domains of the PCF, but they focus especially on practice education and professional leadership. In addition, many of the modules are designed to further your knowledge and skills outlined in the Knowledge and Skills Statement for Practice Supervisors of Social Workers in Child and Family Social Work.
Normally, practitioners take individual modules of this programme and apply through the Continuous Professional Development Framework. Please contact the programme convenor for more information. If you want to achieve the MA or exit with a Postgraduate Certificate or Diploma, and you are supported by your employer to do so, then you should apply to this programme.
The Professional Leadership for Social Work (qualified Social Workers) programme, offered by Goldsmiths, University of London, is ideal for qualified social workers. All modules, except the dissertation, can be taken as standalone MA-level CPD modules.
Why study with us?
- We recognise that much of learning takes place in the workplace. All modules fully integrate practice with relevant theory/research and values.
- We believe in strength in diversity and our teaching, lecturers, participants and experts by experience reflect this.
- Participants can gain academic credit for developing their capability through work-based activities in either direct social work practice, practice education or management roles.
- Access to university facilities, library and resources on and off campus.
All modules on the post-qualifying MA programme align with career development, from initial consolidation and early professional development to supporting social work students on placement (Practice Educator), to becoming a Practice Supervisor or Practice Development Educator.
In essence, the modules support the enhancement of practice relevant to participants’ roles with a focus on professional leadership as defined by the PCF and are aligned with the different Knowledge and Skills Statements (KSS) for both Child and Family and Adult Social Work.
Our students have been successful in a range of areas, from postgraduate research to employment in local authority children’s services departments, adult services departments, independent sector and voluntary sector agencies such as NSPCC, Family Action, MIND.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Professional Leadership for Social Work
- Research and Practice in Professional Leadership for Social Work
- Consolidation of Practice and Early Professional Development
- Enabling the Learning of Others
- Assessing and Teaching the Adult Professional Learner
- Designing Learning Opportunities for Teams and Groups
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply early to avoid disappointment
DisciplinesSocial Work Management, Organisation & Leadership View 1712 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Before you apply to undertake any of the post-qualifying social work modules at Goldsmiths, you need to complete an application form and get agreement from your employer.
- If you are in full-time employment, we recommend that you sign up to no more than 30 credits per year on the Continuing Professional Development programme. If you complete the modules successfully you will get a Transcript of Record.
- If you want to obtain the Postgraduate Certificate or the Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Leadership for Social Work and you do not want to take any further modules or if you have already obtained 120 credits at MA level and you wish to gain the MA award you can apply to this programme.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.