Why choose Bioethics at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana?
The masters student must attend a series of elective and mandatory seminars, and develop a thesis based on original research proposal.
The graduate strengthens cognitive skills and competences supporting tools for analysis, design and implementation of solutions to interdisciplinary problems in different academic, public, social levels; to handle the job in various fields such as: the public sector advising different types of policies in universities and research centers in institutional ethics committees, non-governmental organizations at the national and international levels, in health centers and private companies, among others.
It has the most complete specializing in bioethics in Colombia library, which allows access to more than 3,500 publications and 27 titles of national and international academic journals, which is constantly updating its contents.
In addition, by being part of the Javeriana community, students can access all the resources the General Library offers (databases, application for purchase of books, courses bibliometric management tools, etc.)Mastery is supported by an excellent group of teachers accompanying personalized way the learning process of students. The staff is large and diverse; It is made up of teachers of the Institute and other academic units.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research and Bioethics
- Critical reflections on life sciences
- Ethical and philosophical foundations
- Fundamental issues of bioethics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Fill out the registration form , download and print.
- Proof of payment of registration fees.
- Copy of diploma and professional title (for foreigners must be apostilled).
- Undergraduate transcript (original).
- Photocopy of identity card (for foreigners, immigration card or temporary passport).
- Photocopy of the Military Book (applies only for Colombian males).
- Two photographs with white background, size 3x4.
- Summary of the resume.
- Have adequate reading comprehension in English.
- Letter explaining the reasons for entering this program.
- Essay on a possible research topic in the program (maximum of 2000 words, font and spacing: Times New Roman 12 pt, 1 1/2 space, letter size).
International16172 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8086 USD per semester during 24 months.
National16172 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8086 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Bogotá
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.