Why study the Social Work degree from Goldsmiths, University of London ,?
The MA Social Work is an academic and professional qualification which also provides a gateway to more specialist therapeutic qualifications and research degree programmes. Social work education at Goldsmiths has a long and distinguished record – we have one of the most respected social work units in the UK, and you'll be taught by established social work academics and associate lecturers who have considerable research and/or practice experience in their fields.
- You will learn the values, skills, and knowledge needed to practise as a reflective and ethical social worker, and be well equipped for the challenges of contemporary social work practice. You also will be encouraged to make links between anti-oppressive practice, the social work values, the legal framework, theories, methods and skills of intervention, and social work practice throughout the programme.
You'll develop the ability to practise social work in a wide variety of settings with different service user groups.
The programme will enable you to register and practise as a qualified social worker.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Growth and Development
- Community Needs and Services
- Social Work Methods and Skills
- Social Work Practice Learning Year
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSocial Work View 253 other Masters in Social Work in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
To be accepted onto the programme you must:
- Have (or expect to be awarded) a first or an upper second-class honours degree or lower second class honours plus a postgraduate degree (such as an MA or MSc) or PGCE or appropriate professional qualification equivalent to a first degree
- Have a Grade C or above in GCSE English and Mathematics or certified equivalent (eg Level 2 Key or Functional Skills Literacy or Numeracy)
- Have a minimum of 12 months' full-time (or part-time equivalent) relevant voluntary or paid work experience (normally within the last two years)
- It is a requirement of entry onto the course that students possess an enhanced check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20250 GBP per year during 24 months.
National8990 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8990 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.