On this International Relations programme from Goldsmiths, University of London you will engage with critical approaches to understanding contemporary world politics, focusing on human rights, mobility, justice, conflict, race, and technology.
Ask the right questions
How do people at the margins struggle over human rights? How are dominant concepts such as the nation-state and democracy challenged by competing categories such as the caliphate, or the Chinese ‘civilization-state’? How do post-conflict societies deal with their difficult pasts through processes of justice, truth-telling, and memorialization? How does global migration push us to rethink ‘the international’? How do movements such as Black Lives Matter foreground the legacies of Empire and with what effects?
The MA is especially relevant if you are considering further study at PhD level, or if you want to work in areas where an understanding of international relations is essential (journalism, diplomacy, NGOs, international organisations, for example).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- An(Other) China: Postcolonial Theory, Postmodern Concerns
- Visualising Asia: Body, Gender, Politics
- Counter-Mapping: The Politics of Space
- Politics of Human Rights
- Memory and Justice in Post-Conflict Societies
- Politics of Knowledge: Debates in Human Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
complete your application as early as possible
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 550 other Masters in International Relations in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have (or expect to be awarded) an undergraduate degree of at least upper second class standard in a relevant/related subject.
- You might also be considered for some programmes if you aren’t a graduate or your degree is in an unrelated field, but have relevant experience and can show that you have the ability to work at postgraduate level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18290 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18290 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8620 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8620 GBP per year during 12 months.
- National - part-time: £4310
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.