European integration - subjects of your own interest
We offer an innovative Master's programme on European Integration, understood in a wide sense. The courses cover a wide range of issues in this context, but most of the time our students can work independently on special subjects of their interest, in group work but also individually. A simulation game is also part of the programme. The many common activities make it easy to find friends.
Problem-based learning in a colourful international milieu
We believe in interdisciplinarity and problem-based, active learning to a very high extent. An internship at e.g. an EU institution is also part of the programme, assuring a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge. Together with our neighbouring program of Development and International Relations, with whom we cooperate on many fields, we are part of a colourful international milieu, also on the side of the teachers. Our students thereby also learn to work in international teams, something which many employers appreciate. The European Studies programme of Aalborg University aims at giving students a theoretical knowledge of economic and political developments in Europe and insights into the institutions and processes of the European Union. Students will also improve their ability to analyse economic, social, cultural or political aspects of developments in Europe within an interdisciplinary context.
Job and career
In the Europeaan Studies Programme you have the opportunity to become a dynamic practitioner in your field, whether your interests are strategic, managerial, policy-related, or all of the above.
As a comprehensive study undertaken by the Career Centre at Aalborg University revealed, our graduates have been successful entrants on the labour market, finding relevant positions in numerous fields, in the public sector and in private companies. This certainly also reflects the centrality which matters of European integration have acquired in most aspects of society.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Methods and methodology
- Theories of International Relations
- Regional Integration and Regionalisation or specialization classes
- European Union Law and Institutions
- Rising Powers and Emerging Markets
- European Policies, Economics and Society
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Development European Studies View 3 other Masters in European Studies in Denmark
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A B.S. or B.A. degree in social science.
- Diploma/Diploma Supplement (If you have not yet completed your Bachelor’s degree). The document must be signed and stamped by your home university.
- Bachelor’s degrees transcripts showing all grades and courses
- English test or an official receipt confirming that you have registered for a test
- Letter of motivation
- CV / Resume
- Official curriculum/syllabus for your Bachelor’s studies or another official description of your Bachelor’s degree in English
- Reference letters (optional)
- Receipt for paid application fee (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Danish residence permit card and letter (only applies to non-EU citizens)
- Official description of the grading system from your home university
International6554 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3277 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- 24,375 DKK per semester
Living costs for Aalborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.