Our graduates have multiple performance possibilities:
- In caring for people: they analyze the existing assistance resources at the community level that allow the elderly to maximize their functioning, maintain their independence and live with the least possible restrictions.
- In the administrative area: they have the ability to manage the design and development of programs aimed at institutional, home and community care for the elderly.
- In the research area: they have skills to evaluate and generate models of care, and to study human aging interdisciplinary.
In order to participate in the welfare of the elderly, their families and the community with actions based on own theoretical and methodological principles of the profession nursing and other sciences.
The Nursing Care for the Elderly program at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana aims to develop professional and research skills for understanding and intervention in nursing care of older adults individually and collectively, in the light of conceptual models of nursing knowledge, old age and aging, with a comprehensive and decent human being within the framework of the social determinants of health vision.
Thus, based on the formation of the profile formulated, the student throughout the program will develop capabilities for:
- Interact with members of the interdisciplinary team care of the elderly healthy and sick.
- Conduct applied research through case study, analysis of specific situations and Evidence Based Nursing (EBE), as a research tool
- Analyze the situation of health and disease of the elderly in Colombia and conditions of existing resources at the community and hospital setting to give health care to the elderly.
- Give health care to the healthy elderly and health problems and promote conditions that promote better living conditions and health.
- Knowing the existing legal regulations on older persons in Colombia.
- Knowing the theoretical and methodological development of nursing care to healthy and elderly health problems.
- Recognizing the complexity of the situations of population aging and individual.
- Knowing the common syndromes seniors and interaction of co-morbid conditions, acute and chronic.
- Apply the principles of planning and organization to design education programs for caregivers and health care programs for the elderly.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Nursing theories
- Trends in nursing practice
- Social determinants of Health of the Elderly
- Theories of individual and collective aging
- Nursing care for the healthy elderly in institutional placement
- Nursing care for the elderly with problems in institutional placement
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Registration form filled out, together with the following information:
- Receipt of payment of the admission fees, which is generated at the end of the registration form.
- Photocopy of Minutes of Professional Degree.
- Two passport size photos.
- A photocopy of the professional card RUN. (Single National Registry of Nursing - Law 266 of 1996) or otherwise updated RETHUS record, if you have already processed.
- The date of tests, interviews and results will be published through the website. Once you sign up it is strongly recommended that you check your email.
International19122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9561 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National19122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9561 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.