In order to participate in the welfare of the elderly, their families and the community with actions based on own theoretical and methodological principles of the profession nursing and other sciences.
The program aims to develop professional and research skills for understanding and intervention in nursing care of older adults individually and collectively, in the light of conceptual models of nursing knowledge, old age and aging, with a comprehensive and decent human being within the framework of the social determinants of health vision.
Thus, based on the formation of the profile formulated, the student throughout the program will develop capabilities for:
- Interact with members of the interdisciplinary team care of the elderly healthy and sick.
- Conduct applied research through case study, analysis of specific situations and Evidence Based Nursing (EBE), as a research tool
- Analyze the situation of health and disease of the elderly in Colombia and conditions of existing resources at the community and hospital setting to give health care to the elderly.
- Give health care to the healthy elderly and health problems and promote conditions that promote better living conditions and health.
- Knowing the existing legal regulations on older persons in Colombia.
- Knowing the theoretical and methodological development of nursing care to healthy and elderly health problems.
- Recognizing the complexity of the situations of population aging and individual.
- Knowing the common syndromes seniors and interaction of co-morbid conditions, acute and chronic.
- Apply the principles of planning and organization to design education programs for caregivers and health care programs for the elderly.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Nursing theories
- Trends in nursing practice
- Social determinants of Health of the Elderly
- Theories of individual and collective aging
- Nursing care for the healthy elderly in institutional placement
- Nursing care for the elderly with problems in institutional placement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Adult Education
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Registration form filled out, together with the following information:
- Receipt of payment of the admission fees, which is generated at the end of the registration form.
- Photocopy of Minutes of Professional Degree.
- Two passport size photos.
- A photocopy of the professional card RUN. (Single National Registry of Nursing - Law 266 of 1996) or otherwise updated RETHUS record, if you have already processed.
- The date of tests, interviews and results will be published through the website. Once you sign up it is strongly recommended that you check your email.
International17344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8672 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National17344 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8672 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.