Ecclesiastical License / Civil Master at Pontificia Universidad Javeriana aims at deepening the canonical legal science and its related disciplines with the aim of training experts in the knowledge of the law of the Church, academic researchers, canonists competent to perform in the Ecclesiastical Courts and in the various ecclesiastical offices within its competence.
The graduate of the Master's Degree in Canon Law may serve as a canonical expert in ecclesiastical offices, especially in the Courts of the Church where offices such as Judicial Vicars, Adjunct Judicial Vicars, judges on duty in matrimonial cases and in other administrative procedures are exercised. and / or criminal, Notaries, Auditors, lawyers and attorneys.
They will also be able to exercise various curial and academic offices, such as Chancellors, professors in major seminaries and in some private universities where the chair of Canon Law is offered to undergraduate law students.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Regulatory Law
- People of God, what faithful Christians
- Roman law
- Investigation methodology
- Latin I
- People of God: Hierarchical Constitution of the Church
- Office of Teaching
- Temporary church property
- Philosophy and Theology of Canon Law
- Latin II
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Personal interview with the Academic Dean.
- Fill out the registration form.
- Proof of payment of registration fees.
- Photocopy of the identity card.
- Three passport size photos (if you enter for the first time).
- Photocopy of valid passport (foreigners without Colombian nationality Aspirants).
- All documents that are not in Spanish must be translated.
- Presentation of the candidate by the bishop or religious superior, in written letter, which should be handed over to start the Ecclesiastical Bachelor, Master civil or ecclesiastical doctorate.
- Authenticated copy of the minutes of priestly ordination.
- Church licenses granted by the Archdiocese of Bogota or the corresponding urban Diocese.
International14622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7311 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
National14622 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7311 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.