Why Study Public Administration ?
Whether you are just starting out or have years of experience, USD offers several program options that are flexible, affordable and even part-time to advance your career.
Graduates of the USD public administration program serve local, state and regional government and nonprofit organizations. This Public Administration program from University of South Dakota offers you flexibility and the skills to become a strong leader. The program combines in-depth study of core administration subject matter with elective coursework in several areas so you are able to effect change for your organization and your cause.
The on-campus MPA program prepares you with a strong theoretical background, as well as an experiential component to provide a practical experience. Lead and manage organizations; participate in the policy process; analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems and make decisions; articulate and apply a public service perspective; and communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry. The MPA is fully accredited by NASPAA since 1983.
An Affordable Education
Gain valuable real-world, professional experience while enjoying paid employment and discounted tuition rates as a graduate student at USD. The affordability you gain through graduate assistantships and fellowships will equip you with valuable, professional-level skills that will set you apart after graduation.
Teaching and research assistantships are awarded by individual departments. If you do not receive an assistantship within your department, you are eligible for an assistantship outside of your academic program or within support offices (non-academic units) at USD. Further inquiries should be directed to the graduate director of the department.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Leadership Theory and Practice
- Analytic Techniques in Public Policy
- Seminar in Public Administration
- Budgetary and Fiscal Management
- Public Personnel Management
- Organization and Management
- Research Methods in Public Administration
- Professional Report
- Internship in Political Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Fall Start
- Final Deadline: Three weeks before the start of the semester
- Spring and Summer Starts
- Three weeks before the start of the semester
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management Studies Public Administration View 663 other Masters in Public Administration in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Official Proof of English Proficiency
- Official Transcripts - One official transcript (in English or with translation) verifying receipt of an undergraduate degree or equivalent degree from an institution with regional accreditation and previous graduate credit and degrees must accompany an application.
- Official Admission Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- You will need to submit a resume with your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International25506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25506 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State13260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 340 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Vermillion
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.