The Master of Cultural Studies at the Javeriana is the most experienced academic program in the country, while being the most established of its kind. It began as a specialization at the Faculty of Social Sciences in 2002, thus becoming the first graduate program in Colombia specifically intended for cultural studies. Teachers and graduates are prominent in research, publications and events in their countryside.
The program has a unique identity in Colombia that emphasizes the traditions most critical and near the investigative rigor and political vocation of cultural studies. This sets it apart from other programs whose profile emphasizes a textualist and / or language training. This has made the program offers students the most consistent and complete in contemporary cultural critical theory training.
Moreover, it is the oldest and solid program in Colombia and one of the leaders in the field in Latin America. Similarly, it is the only program offered by a Department of Cultural Studies, which guarantees that an important part of the teaching staff is of teachers dedicated to the mastery ensuring that students find directors for their theses, research groups and projects with the field of cultural studies.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Cultural Studies
- Methodologies of research
- Theories of culture and cultural policy
- Cultural studies in Latin America
- Cultural studies and contemporary social theory
- Theories and analysis of racism from feminism decolonial
- Visual culture
- Body mapping
- Art, politics and pop culture
- Modernity, knowledge and postcolonial criticism
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Fill out the registration form to the University through the Office of Admissions and Academic Registry.
- An essay five to eight pages where the work problem that the candidate expects to draw on her thesis is argued.
- interview with the program director and a professor of expertise. Date and time of the interview assigns the director by email once you receive the test.
- Proof of payment of registration fees.
- Entry form.
- Two photos 3x4
- Copy of the certificate of undergraduate grades (if undergraduate performed abroad must I go apostille).
- Copy of undergraduate degree or diploma (if undergraduate performed abroad must I go apostille).
- Copy of passport (if the student is abroad).
International16220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8110 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National16220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8110 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.