The Thermal Power - Power, Propulsion and the Environment programme offered by the Cranfield University is structured to enable you to pursue your own specific interests and career aspirations. You may choose from a wide range of modules and select an appropriate research project.
An intensive industrial management course is offered which assists in achieving exemptions from some engineering council requirements. You will receive a thorough grounding in the operation of different types of rotating machinery for aeronautical, marine and industrial applications plus environmental management.
We have been at the forefront of postgraduate education in thermal power and gas turbine technology at Cranfield since 1946. We have a global reputation for our advanced postgraduate education, extensive research and applied continuing professional development.
This MSc programme benefits from a wide range of cultural backgrounds which significantly enhances the learning experience for both staff and students.
Over 90% of the graduates of the course have found employment within the first year of course completion. Many of our graduates are employed in the following industries:
- Gas turbine engine manufacturers
- Airframe manufacturers
- Airline operators
- Regulatory bodies
- Aerospace/Energy consultancies
- Power production industries
- Academia: doctoral studies
Re-accreditation for the MSc in Thermal Power is currently being sought with the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE), and the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) on behalf of the Engineering Council as meeting the requirements for Further Learning for registration as a Chartered Engineer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engine Systems
- Gas Turbine Performance Simulation and Diagnostics
- Management for Technology
- Gas Turbine Operations and Rotating Machines
- Turbomachinery and Blade Cooling
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Energy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 100 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or second class UK Honours degree (or equivalent) in engineering, mathematics, physics or an applied science.
- Applicants who do not fulfil the standard entry requirements can apply for the Pre-Masters programme, successful completion of which will qualify them for entry to this course for a second year of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11500 GBP per year during 12 months.
- PgDip Full-time: £9,000
- PgDip Full-time: £19,200
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Fan Makers Bursary for MSc in Thermal Power
- ISTAT Foundation Scholarships
- Conacyt (Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnologia)
- Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander MSc Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.