Students will develop their ability to appraise the evidence that underlies current practice, undertake research and lead improvements in the quality of health services delivered to children in both hospital and community settings. The curriculum reflects current national and international priorities and policies in global child health. Following the taught component, which does not include a formal hospital attachment or bed side teaching, participants complete a dissertation including a period of applied research either overseas or in Liverpool.
This Tropical Paediatrics programme from Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine aims to:
- Provide doctors with previous experience in paediatrics and child health with research skills relevant to child health-related problems in low income countries
- Develop students’ knowledge and comprehension of the preventive and curative management strategies that promote child health and well-being in tropical countries
- Enable students to comprehend and conduct child health-related research
- Produce graduates who are experienced, committed, informed, proactive and effective professionals, capable of taking substantial and leading professional roles
- Facilitate high quality learning that is informed by critical analysis of current research
The MSc Tropical Paediatrics provides a wide range of skills and training for paediatricians planning academic and clinical careers in the tropics. This MSc is often a starting point for career progression, and together with a successful dissertation/research project, it can strengthen your CV when applying for promotion in clinical settings. This MSc is a great springboard into clinical academic routes, with previous students being successful in various PhD Fellowships. Also, many students have had their research projects published in peer reviewed journals, enhancing their standing in the academic research environment.
- Research Methods in International Health
- Quality Improvement in Global Child Health
- Maternal & Newborn Health
- HIV in Resource Limited Settings
- Child Nutrition
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 1794 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Open to graduates with a medical degree and at least one year’s experience of professional work in clinical paediatrics after qualification.
- Non-graduates with considerable satisfactory work experience and evidence of appropriate in-service training will also be considered. Experience of working in a developing country is desirable.
International22500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22500 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9850 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Liverpool
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.